Have you ever dreamed of having a story published? Now is your chance and in aid of a good cause too.
Swansea Bay Health Charity are celebrating National Story Telling week by launching a short story competition. Winning entries will be published as part of an anthology. This will then be sold to raise money for the Helping Hand fund.
The theme of the competition is “A helping hand for health”, and we are asking you to put pen to paper (or rather words to word) to provide us with the best fictional stories.
We expect all entries to be a minimum of 1000 words and a maximum of 4000 words.
The closing date for entries is 30th April and all entries should be emailed, as a word document, to email@example.com
Entries will be judged by a panel of eager readers!
1. Entries must be a fictional short story of between 1000 and 4000 words on the theme “A helping hand for health”.
2. All entries must be the original work of the Author, must not have been published before the date of submission.
3. All entries must not contain any language which may be found offensive, must not contain swearing or scenes of a sexual or violent nature.
4. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
5. Do keep a copy of your entry, manuscripts cannot be returned.
6. The judges’ view is final and no correspondence will be entered into in connection with the winning entries.
7. Entries can only be made via email, as a Word document.
8. Winning Stories will be published in an anthology to raise funds for Swansea Bay Health Charity.
9. Entering the competition gives Swansea Bay Health Charity the once only permission to publish the story in an anthology. It is intended to produce our next anthology when there have been sufficient winning stories.
10. Receipt of all entries will be acknowledged by e-mail.
11. Entrants must be aged over eighteen.
12. Swansea Bay Health Charity reserve the right to make minor changes to winning stories if deemed necessary.